Plastic cups are items that we often use every day. Most plastic cups contain pc plastic ingredients. So what is PC plastic? Is there any poison in pc plastic? If it’s toxic, we still drink water in plastic cups every day, what effect does it have on us? Let Sunwell Vina answer the question is PC plastic toxic or non-toxic?
1. What is PC plastic pellets?
PC plastic is the abbreviation Polycarbonate, the English name is written Polycarbonate, so the abbreviation is PC. It is a colorless and transparent amorphous thermoplastic.
The physical properties of PC plastic include: density: 1,18-1,20 g / cm3; mold shrinkage: 0.5-0.8%; casting temperature: 230-320 ° C; drying condition: 110-120 ° C, also -60 ~ 120 ° C. Very durable so it should be used for a long time.
2. Second, the main properties of PC plastic:
- High impact strength, colorless and transparent, High hardness so stable size and color, insulation, corrosion resistance and wear resistance are relatively high.
- Tends to crack upon impact, high temperature easily hydrolyzes, poor compatibility with other resins.
- Amorphous material, good thermal stability, wide forming temperature range and poor fluidity. Low moisture absorption, but sensitive to water, must be dried.
- The shrinkage rate of the mold is small, and fragile when in high pressure environment.
- High melting point, rapid cooling, high impact strength, low bending.
- Because of these characteristics, PC plastic is often used in kettles, space cups, and bottles. Sometimes you will see the numbers on the cup, such as 58, which means the polycarbonate composition of the cup is 58%.
3. Third, is PC plastic toxic?
- PC itself is not toxic, but it contains bisphenol A, which is toxic. In theory, as long as Bisphenol A is converted to a flexible structure during PC production, it means the product is completely bisphenol-free. However, if during the manufacturing process, Bisphenol A is converted to converted to PC material, if the conversion is incomplete and a small amount of bisphenol A is not converted to the plastic structure of the PC, it can transform carcinogens. .
- Generally, for short-term use, harmful substances will not be released, such as disposable mineral water bottles.
- However, if hot water or remaining slime is added when using the pc plastic container, harmful substances will be released, which is harmful to the human body. Therefore, to prevent the dissolution of harmful substances in the PC, please do not use the PC cup to keep the water hot but instead use only cold water or warm water.
- At the same time, when using pc plastic containers, food should be strictly stored according to instructions, properly stored and disinfected, to avoid repeated use of aging or damaged PC products.
- After reading Sunwell Vina’s explanation, can you rest assured? Do you think PC plastic is an angel or a devil? In fact, there are both positive and negative things. There are too many such examples in life. We should have no problem using them correctly and not overdoing it.